Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A call sound

I think that there are very few people in the world, who are as particular about their cell phone’s call sound as many where Japanese people are. In Japan, all cell phone companies have a service people can choose a call sound. Of course, we ourselves can’t hear the call sound. It’s for a person who calls us. We can choose music or a sound or anything we like from the huge list.





One of my friends chose a song of a small bird. When I am tired it might make me relax. Another friend is choosing and changing music depending on her emotion; Jazz or J-pop sometimes instrumental. I can guess her emotion by the sound; she may be happy, sad or exhausted.

I am in doubt for whom the service is. Is it for a person (A), who chooses a call sound? Or for the other (B), who is listening to a call sound while B is calling? I think it is for A because there are no choices listening to the call sound for B whether B likes the sound or not. I think that this service is for self-satisfaction of A.

By the way, is there any way to stop a cell phone’s call sound change when I go to abroad? Each foreign country has different call sound. People, who called knew that I was abroad at that time by my different call sound, however I hadn’t told them I visited overseas. It often happens when I go to abroad without letting them know. Such is the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment